The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program is for free tax-preparation assistance.
February 4, 11,18 & 25 (Saturdays only)
Volunteers are I.R.S. certified and trained by the SC & NC Dept. of Revenue.
Volunteers are able to prepare the following forms:
- 1040A with Schedule 1, 2, 3 & EIC
- 1040 with Schedule A, B, EIC & R
- 2441 Child & Dependent Care Credit
- 8863 Education Credits
- 8812 Additional Child Tax Credit
- SC & NC State Income Tax Returns and other states
- Many more Tax Credits and forms not listed above
Free of charge, volunteers will electronically file (e-file) federal and states income tax returns. It is fast, accurate, secure, and simple. The estimated turn-around time for a direct-deposited refund is very quick within days of E-filing.
- Call United Way’s 2-1-1 Helpline for other times and locations at 2-1-1 or 866-892-9211
What to Bring: Current year's tax forms--W-2 and 1099's. Information regarding other income. Information for all deductions/credits. A copy of last year's tax return. Proof of account for direct deposit of refund (e.g., voided check). Social Security or Individual Taxpayer Identification cards for you, your spouse, and/or dependents. Proof of identification for yourself and/or spouse.
All tax information received is strictly confidential and will not be disclosed to unauthorized individuals.
For the most up-to-date tax products, information, and other options visit: http://www.irs.gov/ and http://www.sctax.org